UPDATE TWO: Reports are now coming in that the new PUBG Mobile update is going live, bringing with it the new Zombie mode set on the Erangel map.
It should be noted that the new 0.11.0 patch is rolling out gradually and is not available to everyone yet. But all Android and iOS PUBG players should have received in the coming hours.
UPDATE ONE: A new PUBG Mobile update is expected to be launched tomorrow, February 19 for Android and iOS.
Download times will differ depending on where you live in the world, and the new 0.11.0 has yet to be given a set schedule.
A new Zombie Mode will be added following the launch of PUBG Mobile update 0.11.0, which is based on the Erangel map.
An announcement from Tencent is expected in the coming hours.
ORIGINAL: Tencent has started the process of updating PUBG Mobile on Android and iOS.
This will start with the PUBG servers going down, something that has already been confirmed as happening.
This new server maintenance will continue for much of the night and will be followed by another announcement from Tencent on their official update plans.
As usual, fans shouldn’t expect the new PUBG Mobile update to be waiting for them when servers go back online.
Fans may have to wait until later in the week before they can start playing the new content, which includes a Resident Evil 2 zombies mode.
From recent reports, the new PUBG Mobile update is expected to go live at some point on Tuesday, February 19.
However, this won’t be confirmed until Tencent themselves announce the news on one of their social media feeds.
For now, we know that PUBG Mobile servers will be down until 8am in the UK.
This was confirmed in a recent message from the Tencent support team, which reads: “PUBG MOBILE will be taken offline for maintenance from 12AM to 8AM (UTC) on February 18th. Service may resume sooner or later. Stay tuned!”
As noted in the message, server maintenance may finish early, meaning PUBG Mobile going back online sooner.
When it comes to the big changes with PUBG Mobile update 0.11.0, we already have a good idea of what will be included.
As mentioned above, the most recent PUBG Mobile build has been in beta testing for some time.
And the patch notes give a clear outline on what is being worked on for release later this week.
“In this version, we are going to test out new Resident Evil 2 collaboration and special game mode! The mode will be on in about 1h from now,” a message from Tencent support team reads.
“We also enabled rapid experience gain in daily mission in order to test out everything smoothly.”
The biggest piece of new content will be the Resident Evil 2 zombies mode, which changes the Battle Royale experience significantly.
Players will have to fight to survive as usual on Erangel, with the added threat of Zombies and Bosses from Resident Evil 2 spawning on the map.
The good news is that by eliminating these threats, you can unlock new weapons and rewards
There will also be new changes made to the PC emulator version of PUBG Mobile, and Sanhok is also getting Quick Match support in Arcade.
It’s expected that changes will have been added to the beta since its launch, but the full patch notes shared at the time can be found below:
- Added RE2: Sunset, a new time-limited event mode. Fight to survive as usual on Erangel, but Zombies and Bosses from Resident Evil 2 will also spawn on the map! Kill them to get resources and items.
- Added Resident Evil 2 main menu theme and music.
- Added weather: Moonlight to Vikendi.
- Added Personal Spaces, where player information and Connections are displayed. Select a friend with Synergy 400 or above as Partner to stand by your side in your Space!
- Added push-to-talk chat in matches.
- Sanhok is now available in Arcade – Quick Match.
- Added a PC feature: damage stacking outside of safe zone. The further away players are from the safe zone, the more damage they take.
- Added feature form our PC counterpart: Air raid adjustment. In Sanhok and Vinkendi, the size of the air raid area is reduced as the safe zone reduces in size.