Overwatch fans can now download a new update containing the game’s latest map.
The new Assault Map is a large part of the new Overwatch update and is contained in the official patch notes.
“Begin your journey at the Cabaret Luna, where the velvety alto voice of preeminent diva Luna charms movie stars, revolutionaries, locals, and tourists alike,” Blizzard teases.
“After the encore, step outside to see the sights and seize victory. Artisanal shops line the streets as you approach the first point, so duck in to sample a macaron or escape enemy fire.
“Battle through alleys and corridors before clashing with your foes on the banks of the Seine. Once you establish dominance over your adversaries, make your way to Maison Marat and deliver the coup-de-grâce.”
Today’s Overwatch update is out now on PS4, Xbox One and PC, contains a lot of bugfixes. But it also adds another change that fans will be intrigued to hear more about.
It has now been confirmed that non-recoverable health, shields, and armour will now be consumed before recoverable health, shields, and armour.
This is a change to the priority order when it comes subtracting defensive numbers from a character.
The previous priority order was as follows: non-recoverable shields, recoverable shields, non-recoverable armour, recoverable armour, non-recoverable health, and recoverable health.
The new priority order now runs non-recoverable shields, non-recoverable armour, non-recoverable health, recoverable shields, recoverable armour, and recoverable health.
Here’s more from Blizzard, who explains: “In Overwatch, a health type order determines the prioritisation of subtracting health, shield, or armour types when a hero takes damage.
“For example, if a hero has recoverable shields and takes damage, the damage taken will diminish the recoverable shield before it subtracts from their recoverable health.
“Previously, it was possible for heroes’ recoverable shields to be prioritised for damage and regeneration, allowing their non-recoverable armour to persist.
“With the order adjustment, heroes who have been granted non-recoverable armour or shields will now consume those resources before recoverable health, armour, or shields.”
More from the official Overwatch patch notes can be found below:
- Players can appoint lobby ownership to other players in custom games
- Fixed a bug that caused heroes to use the “Behind You” voice line if affected by a damage over time ability
- Fixed a bug that prevented the lit fuse on Ashe’s dynamite from being visible if it was deflected by Genji
- Fixed a bug that caused Mercy or Ana to see a skull hit marker on their screen if they were healing Ashe when she detonated her dynamite
- Fixed a bug that caused the lever on Ashe’s rifle to slip out of her hands when she used her Flourish emote
- Fixed a bug that caused Ashe’s rifle to glow significantly brighter when hit with Ana’s Nano Boost
- Fixed a bug that caused Ashe’s reload to cancel if she used the “hello” emote
- Fixed a bug that prevented D.Va from being visible to teammates if her Junker or Scavenger skins were equipped
- Fixed a bug that prevented the flags on D.Va’s mech from animating during her Lying Around highlight intro if her Junker or Scavenger skins were equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused the arrow arcs of Hanzo’s Storm Arrow ability to be visually incorrect
- Fixed a bug with Junkrat’s Mine Like a Steel Trap achievement that prevented Ashe’s Bob from counting as a valid target
- Fixed a bug that caused the tail on Junkrat’s Krampus skin to clip into the ground during his Shot Put highlight intro
- Fixed a bug that caused Mei’s hat to fold into itself when she used Cryo-Freeze with the Mei-rry skin equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused Bob to stop attacking Mei if she used Cyro-Freeze on top of his head
- Fixed a bug that caused Reaper’s shoulder to clip through his collar during the Executioner highlight intro if his Lü Bu skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt’s Earthshatter from hitting an enemy if they were pinned by his charge but survived after traveling the maximum distance
- Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt’s Rocket Hammer to make a hammer sound rather a blade impact sound if his Guan Yu skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused the visual effects for Soldier: 76’s Tactical Visor to persist after the ability ended if the Ultimate Duration slider was set above 100% in a custom game
- Fixed a bug where Symmetra’s teleporter could be used to reach unintended locations
- Fixed a bug that caused Symmetra’s turrets to float in midair after being teleported onto a moving object