Fortnite version 7.40 is one of the most hotly anticipated updates to hit the game in a long time.
Making changes to the stormplane, rocket launcher reload time and ziplines, fans are really excited about update 7.40 and counting down until its release.
Unfortunately, however, Epic Games decided to delay the update at the last minute, and is yet to announce a release time.
“Due to a last minute issue we’ve discovered within the v7.40 release, the update will be delayed,” reads an Epic tweet. “We’ll give you an exact time when we lock it down.”
It’s likely the update will drop at the same time as originally planned – that’s 9am GMT in the UK – but on February 14 instead of February 13.
Express Online will update this article as soon as the timings are confirmed.
Epic Games will take the game offline for server downtime and release patch notes once update 7.40 is rescheduled.
The update is going to be a big one, introducing Overtime challenges as part of the Share the Love Valentine’s event.
The Cuddle Hearts Wrap is also part of the Share the Love event. All you’ve got to do is enter a creator code in the support-a-creator section of the in-game store.
Next up is the new stat tracker, which will also be available on iOS and Nintendo Switch.
Stat Tracker V2. will also add the ability to track stats across all platforms and check on your stats in-game.
The Stat tracker changes in full…
• The ability to track all of your play in one place and view it across all platforms.
• All of your previously earned stats will be added in and displayed in-game.
• There may be a few minor edge cases where a small amount of data could be missing.
• All LTM stats are combined and tracked in a singular tab. This means that any previous LTM stats you’ve earned will be moved out of the Solo/Duo/Squad tab and into the LTM tab.
• The exception to this would be Large Team Mode LTMs. We don’t track stats in those game modes.
Epic Games has also listed some of the changes coming to update 7.40.
Early patch notes confirm the release of the Infantry Rifle, which is said to have a classic design, but with a new combat style.
Elsewhere, planes will no longer be able to smash through structures, while the rocket launcher reload speed has been increased.
A button prompt will be added for interacting with Ziplines and players will now be able to crouch while in Edit mode.
Fortnite update 7.40 early patch notes in full…
• Planes will no longer be able to smash through structures
• Zipline interact prompt added, and using a Zipline will grant fall damage immunity
• Hand Cannon structure damage reduced from 150 to 100
• Turbo Build delay decreased from 0.15s to 0.05s
• Rocket Launcher reload time increased from 2.52s to 3.24s
• Added the ability to crouch while in Edit Mode