ATLAS developer Studio Wildcard has released another major update.
The latest ATLAS update is available to download now, and takes the game to version 7.0.
The patch was announced by Studio Wildcard on Twitter: “Ahoy Pathfinders, We’re going to redeploying our Official Network to v7.0 in 20 minutes.
“This is a Major Version upgrade, so you will need to restart your steam clients and download the patch to connect to Official Servers.”
According to the patch notes, v7.0 adds the Top Hat cosmetic, which can be purchased from vendors in freeports and travelling merchants.
It also makes improvements to the servers, and fixes multiple nagging issues.
The low memory launch option is said to be more reliable, ship collision damage is disabled in ports and item/gold yield has been doubled from treasure.
ATLAS the Game v7.0 patch notes:
• Added a new event cosmetic, ‘Top Hat’. Permanent skin with 10 applicable uses. Can be purchased from Cosmetic Vendors in Freeports or Travelling Merchants.
• Improved server performance by adjusting server water thread utilization
• Changed declaim period (stealing enemy territory) to 30 minutes from 1.5 hours (requires they have no alive crew or players in the vicinity)
• Removed requirement to be on a boat to steal someone’s boat after placing the claim flag. Adjusted base value times to claim the boats to be 1 one minute to steal a dinghy, 2hrs~ to steal a raft, a couple hours to steal sloop, and so forth (levelling a ship increases the time it takes to steal that ship).
• Rebalanced Skill Point requirements as originally intended, where higher tier skills cost more SP. Forced a one-time ‘free’ respec to use these new values.
• “Low Memory” Launch Option for more reliable <= 8GB OS support. Launch the game with ‘-lowmemorymode’ to utilize this!
• Ship collision damage is now disabled on Freeport servers.
• Alpha creature spawns are now disabled on Freeport and Lawless Servers.
• Item yield and Gold yield from Treasure have been doubled
• Significantly reduced Torch and Fire Arrow Damage
• Fixed a bug which prevented resources from respawning. Please note when this update goes live, it may be a few hours until they naturally start appearing again.
• Increased the damage from Dragon Fire AOE and set it to an 8-hour tame time with the token
• Equilibrium Buff now gives +20% XP, -20% reduced incoming damage, +30 temperature fortitude, +10% movement speed, +20% melee damage, and takes 30 minutes to achieve rather than an hour.
• Fixed a bug which prevented Bottles and Flotsams from spawning
• Fixed a bug ocean and deep ocean spawners, including Mermaids, Whales, Ship of the Damned, and Squids.
• NPC crew that are recruited in Freeport are now correctly assigned to your team.
• Fixed Shovels and Heavy Shields so they no longer damage stone structures
• All freeports now have pirate music in town
• Scuttling is now tied to the demolishing tribe governance setting and Prevent Demolishing Structures in Group Management Settings
• Group ranks now enabled on seating structures, so you’re able to have better control of who is able to use those (Steering Wheel and Lt Podium)
• PvE Claim Flag contesting now displays the enemy Claim Flag’s upkeep time remaining before you can contest it, and provides a proper HUD message to that effect.