A new Anthem update is being released in the next 24 hours which is going to make big changes to the loot system.
This was announced by BioWare earlier this week and is being planned for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
However, it should be noted that Anthem update 1.04 has seen a smaller release before it, providing a little confusion.
A new Anthem patch was released this morning by BioWare, taking care of a few notable issues.
- The tethering timer for missions has been increased. Players should now have more time to catch up to their Squad before seeing a countdown timer.
- The Swarm Tyrant encounter in the Tyrant Mine Stronghold can no longer be reset by the entire Squad exiting to the main menu and rejoining the session in progress.
- Players are no longer able to reopen chests that have already been looted in Strongholds.
This will be followed by another much bigger Anthem update, which is scheduled to go live in the next 24 hours.
“The loot updates will still roll out later today (Feb. 28) or tomorrow (Mar. 1),” a message from BioWare confirms.
This new loot update is based on the feedback that many inscriptions are not useful to the item they are attached to, and due to this, players need to get many masterworks of the same item to find a good one.
Players have confirmed that they want the frequency of masterwork drops to increase to help or for them to be made more useful.
So here is what BioWare is changing in Today’s big Anthem update:
- Inscriptions are now better for the items they are on
- This applies to new items earned in Anthem (not existing ones in your Vault)
- If an inscription applies only to the item it is on (gear icon), it will be useful to that item. Otherwise, the inscription will provide a Javelin wide benefit
- For example, an Assault Rifle will not have an item specific +pistol damage inscription. It may have a +electric damage suit wide inscription (cool for a lightning build)
- Some more information below
- Removed uncommon (white) and common (green) items from level 30 drop tables
- This was a highly requested change, and we agree, so that’s that.
- We have reduced the crafting materials needed to craft a masterwork from 25 masterwork embers to 15 masterwork embers
- As you salvage or harvest, you should be able to craft more masterwork items to get the inscriptions you are looking for
- Now that inscriptions are more relevant to their item, this should yield better results for players
More is expected to be announced when the update goes live later today, or on March 1.